Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Spirit Led Conversations




  • Are all conversations spirit led conversations?
  • If someone is a Christian does that mean that everything they say is led by the Spirit?
  • What if you don't actually hear the word "Jesus" in my conversation - does this mean its not spirit led?
  • Is it possible that spirit led conversations can be about any topic as long as there is evidence or a trace of God's nature in the conversation?

Romans 8:5
'Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.'

2 comments:

  1. Interesting questions. I think the key here is "those who live in accordance with the Spirit" which I think elsewere is translated as keeping in step with the Spirit, something I've not until recently thought about. What does it look like to live in accordance with the Spirit? How does one keep in step with the Spirit? What should I do? I'm learning to pray for eyes to see the Spirit's leading, and am confident that that is a prayer according to God's will. Which is the kind He promised to answer. So, in answer to the last part of your question, I believe that spirit-led conversations can be about any topic since God is Lord over every square inch of creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nancy. :) Good stuff, Jade.

    ReplyDelete